Songs for the Journey.



In the spirit of the End of Year clip shows, I thought I would compile a list of songs that form the soundtrack to our lives.
Some we would never choose to listen to because when they come on the radio we have to pull off the road and cry a bit. Some make us feel joyful and we sing along or dance. And some make us say:


"Yes, that is exactly how it is"

With Thanks to: Blackcat, Jacqui, Joy, Wah, Ohhh, Alice, Radio, Hidihi and Tinkerbell for the suggestions.....

"The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel

"Nessun Dorma" Luciano Pavarotti (none shall sleep)

"open your eyes" by snow patrol

"Under Pressure" Freddie Mercury and David Bowie

"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen

"Scorn not his Simplicity" melodically sung by Luke Kelly

"always look on the bright side of life": Monty Python; The Life of Brian.

"The itchy and scratchy show" (they fight, and fight, and fight and fight and fight..........)

Crash Test Dummies- "MMM MMM MMM MMM"

"Everybody Hurts" by REM

Welcome to the house of FUN. -Madness.

"Sweet Child of Mine" - Guns n Roses

"The show must go on" - Queen

"Sisters are doing it for themselves" - Annie & Aretha

"Gold" - Spandau Ballet

Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners

"Dancing Queen" - ABBA

"I get knocked down.. but I get up again" - Chumbawumba.

"Cause I'm a woman...W-O-M-A-N." - Peggy Lee

"ain't got no, I Got Life."- Nina Simone

"Stairway to Heaven"- Led Zeppelin

"My Lady Story" and "You are my sister" - Antony and The Johnsons

"You will never walk alone" - hmm, let’s go with the Gerry and the Pacemakers*

The Beatles. "Help"

"You've Got a Friend " - James Taylor.

"Patience" by Take That. mm mmm. (don’t they look well these days?)

Gloria Gaynor. "I Will Survive" (Hammie also likes Cake's version

"Wonderwall" by Oasis"

Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Greenday

And even better; "Wonderwall" mixed with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Mishmash.

And just because I like the film:
"Superfreak" by Rick James as danced by Olive in "Little Miss Sunshine".

xx


ps. For Goopers

Mad World, by Gary Jules

and

I saw the Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys.
I especially love that suggestion; my Boo sees everything in a better way!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Mad World' Gary Jules
Anonymous said…
'The whole of the moon' The Waterboys
Lisamaree said…
I love both of those suggestions
Will edit right now